New car accessory sales grow 60%, exceed client goal of 30%.
Targeted vehicle lines increase by more than 80%.
Grow market share of the automotive accessories and parts market by increasing sales of dealer-installed, new car accessories at least 30% per vehicle line
- $4.7 billion regional distributor of cars, trucks and automotive parts and accessories
- Primary customers are 150 automotive dealerships in five states.
- Car sales are growing, but accessory market share is stagnant at less than 10%.
- Dealers are independent businesses with heavy focus on vehicle sales and lack motivation to sell more new-car accessories.
Issues and Barriers
- Dealer relationships with small, local, after-market suppliers not sufficiently challenged by client
- Poor communications with dealers – with little feedback about buyer needs and opportunities
- Weak and ineffective sales plans
- No focus on training and motivating dealer salespeople
- Organizational boundaries exist throughout the process, resulting in unhealthy silo mentalities.
- Accessory sales plans and packages for three vehicle lines – including parts selection, vendor agreements, pricing and marketing tools
- Establish baselines and plan targets for each pilot program dealership
- Plan roll out, including dealership sales training and metrics, to pilot program dealers
- Train entire client workforce on dealer incentive program, eliminating internal silos
Accessory Sales Increase by Vehicle Line
- Accessory sales in pilot dealerships increased by 60% against the client’s goal of 30% after only eight weeks.
- Sales in the three targeted vehicle lines increased by over 80% each, with one actually doubling in volume.
- Accessory sales force attrition to be cut in half.
- More than doubled client’s regional market share of accessory sales
Brooks has taken us further in the accessory business arena than anyone ever has before.
—President & CEO
This (new volume) will help us with the erosion of margins we anticipate (this year) and will be a key contributor to sustained gross profit.
—Dealer Principal & General Manager